In order to set up our Blackbaud implementation, we will need to retrieve the following values:
- Application ID
- Application Secret
- Payments API Subscription Key
- Payment Configuration ID
Here are the steps to retrieve these:
- Navigate to https://developer.blackbaud.com/
- Login with your developer account.
- Navigate to Developer Account > My Applications
- Click Add then fill out the fields in the popup that appears.
Note: If you have already created your application, you can skip this step and just click on the name of your application to access the API credentials.
- At this point, you can retrieve the Application ID and Application Secret values.
- Before leaving this page, ensure that you add this redirect URL to your application: https://projectworldimpact.com/blackbaud/redirect
- Now we need to subscribe to the Payments API.
Note: If your application is already subscribed to the Payments API, then you can skip this step.
Navigate to the Payments API Get Started page and follow the steps outlined on that page.
Note that because of the way that PWI’s Blackbaud implementation works, the nonprofit will need to have both a developer account and an environment admin account. This page instructs the “developer” to send an email to the environment admin, but the nonprofit can just log into their environment admin account and follow the steps outlined on the Payment API Get Started page.
- Now that we are subscribed to the Payments API, we can retrieve the Payments API Subscription Key.
Note: Ensure that you are logged out of the environment admin account and logged in with your developer account.
Navigate to the Subscriptions page and copy your Payments API primary access key.
- The last value we need to locate is the Payment Configuration ID. This one is a little trickier than the others. We need to use the SKY API console to retrieve a list of payment configurations. Navigate to the Payment Configuration IDs page to prepare a test request.
- Enter 0 in the include_inactive input.
- Select Authorization Code from the Blackbaud OAuth 2.0 Service dropdown.
- You will see a popup. Click Authorize.
- Now click Send.
- You should see a JSON-encoded list of results returned. Locate the payment configuration that you want to use, and copy the id value.
- Navigate to your PWI nonprofit settings page, select Blackbaud from the payment gateway dropdown, and enter all of these values into the form.
The last step is to click Generate Token. This will display a popup. Click Authorize and the OAuth Refresh Token field should be automatically populated. Click Save Changes to complete the setup.