While the Google Ad Grant is a fantastic opportunity for nonprofit organizations, there are a number of eligibility requirements outlined by Google that need to be met. The application for the Google Ad Grant starts with a Google for Nonprofits account.
To be eligible, an organization must:
- Be registered as a charitable organization in one of the countries listed via the link below. All organizations must be verified by TechSoup or the local TechSoup partner.
- Meet the requirements in its own country. Sometimes countries have additional eligibility requirements. Find your country in the list below to review the additional requirements.
- Agree to the Google for Nonprofits Terms.
Note: If you don't see your country listed here, Google for Nonprofits hasn't been launched in your country yet.
You are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits if your organization is:
- A governmental entity or organization.
- A hospital or health care organization (charitable arms or foundations associated with healthcare organizations are eligible).
- A school, academic institution, or university (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible). Learn more about Google for Education, Google's programs for educational institutions.
If you meet all of the prerequisites outlined by Google, your organization is eligible for the Ad Grant. If Google deems you ineligible, they will outline the conditions that have not been met. Should this occur, you are not permanently denied and can reapply and become approved at any time by making the necessary adjustments in accordance with their requirements.
We hope you look into applying for the Google Ad Grant as it truly is a fantastic resource! If potential anxiety around a possible denial of your application causes you to think twice before submitting your application, we highly recommend you apply anyway, as you have nothing to lose and this is an incredible potential marketing opportunity!
Also, as a Google certified partner, we would be happy to assist you! PWI offers a number of subscriptions centered around application support and management of both the process and the grant. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, or click here to signup.